Think you’ve got what it takes to make it at Porte? Are you driven? Ambitious? Creative? Can you roll up your sleeves and get the job done, then let your hair down and celebrate? Then maybe there’s a place for you here.
We’re not a giant, faceless corporation. We’re a family-run business, with big goals. Care to come along for the ride?
There are countless reasons to consider a career with Porte. For starters, you’ll be part of an encouraging, supportive team with plenty of room for growth. You’ll enjoy perks like training and team building events throughout the year. Plus, there’s our roof top patio, Friday happy hour, a weekly fitness workout and more!
You’ll be an integral part of a family company, building on 50 years of success, amazingly generous charitable work and progressive leadership in the real estate industry. At all times guided by the Porte Promises of: People-Focused, Committed to Excellence, Trustworthy and Community Builders.
Customer Service Representative
Department: Porte Homes
Reports to: Marketing and Sales Director
The Customer Service Representative works with our Marketing & Sales, Customer Experience and Construction Team to ensure all buyers have an outstanding experience with Porte. The Customer Service Representative repairs the finishing touches, service and warranty request as well as conduct homeowner walk-throughs prior to move-in. The Customer Service Representative ensures all work is guided by the Porte Promises.
Warranty Items/Service Requests
- Works with Customer Experience Coordinator to ensure all incoming service requests are responded to and repairs are completed within Porte’s standard response time.
- Repairs items within the Customer Service Reps scope of experience (ie. paint touch ups, drywall repairs, adjusting doors)
- Coordinates the repair of items that require a trade (either the initial sub-trade or other)
- Visits the home owner to review scope of work and help in determining if it’s covered under warranty
- Prepares a schedule for the work and provides it to the Customer Experience Coordinator
- Ensure all repairs are done within Porte’s standards and homes are left clean for the homeowners
- Use Conasys to track and update service requests
- Weekly reports on service requests provided to Marketing & Sales Director and Customer Experience Coordinator
- Assists with the coordination of warranty items with the Strata
- Conducts walk-throughs and 2nd walk-throughs as needed
- Repairs items that are discovered on the walk-throughs or coordinate appropriate trade
- Assist in walking through homes and performing deficiency walk-throughs for available homes to ensure the contractor for the site repairs all items and leaves the site deficiency free
- Attend initial and warranty walk-throughs of common property with strata corporation; coordinate repairs
- Develops relationships and networks in the industry.
- Represents the company appropriately in relationships with prospects, buyers, project advisors, suppliers and the public.
- Attends meeting in head office with Customer Experience Team as needed
- Attends planning and development meetings as required.
- Performs other duties, as required.
TEAMWORK AND SUPERVISION:
- Works collegially with the Construction, Development, Property Management, Finance and Customer Experience teams, as well as with external consultants attached to these teams.
- Working conditions:
- Hours are typically 8:00 to 4:00, Monday to Friday; however hours may fluctuate
- Weekend work and evening work is required from time to time to accommodate for busier time periods, customer appointments and emergencies
- Hands-on construction experience(drywall work, painting, plumbing and other misc. construction duties)
- Strong customer service, communication and people skills
- Technologically savvy and able to work with technology
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Valid BC drivers license and clean, reliable vehicle is required