Think you’ve got what it takes to make it at Porte? Are you driven? Ambitious? Creative? Can you roll up your sleeves and get the job done, then let your hair down and celebrate? Then maybe there’s a place for you here.
We’re not a giant, faceless corporation. We’re a family-run business, with big goals. Care to come along for the ride?
There are countless reasons to consider a career with Porte. For starters, you’ll be part of an encouraging, supportive team with plenty of room for growth. You’ll enjoy perks like training and team building events throughout the year. Plus, there’s our roof top patio, Friday happy hour, a weekly fitness workout and more!
You’ll be an integral part of a family company, building on 50 years of success, amazingly generous charitable work and progressive leadership in the real estate industry. At all times guided by the Porte Promises of: People-Focused, Committed to Excellence, Trustworthy and Community Builders.
Job Title: Construction Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Construction
Compensation: Salary Plus Benefits
While being involved directly in multiple projects at various stages of development, the Construction Coordinator will work closely with Director of Construction, Development Managers and third-party Construction Managers, to help with the development of construction documents, schedules, budgets and permit submissions. The Construction Coordinator will be actively engaged in all aspects of a development site and will act as a key team member, essential in helping with the successful delivery of any given project.
At all times, being guided by the Porte Promises, the Construction Coordinator must be able to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Preconstruction activities:
- Assist with developing budgets.
- Liaise with construction manager, architect and consultants.
- Assist with various permit requirements.
- Coordinating the issuance and distribution of drawing packages.
- Work with Sales and Marketing on coordinating concepts with architect and consultants.
- Assist in value engineering exercises.
- Support during the Building Permit process:
- Gathering of building permit submission requirements.
- Updating of BP submission check list.
- Tracking and follow up of municipal submissions.
- Ensure the Director of Construction and Development Managers are aware of any dates for municipal and utility payments.
- Construction Phase:
- Maintain & update project list for consultants, construction manager, subtrades and suppliers.
- Using Microsoft Project, update biweekly schedule and measure against baseline.
- Review of progress claims.
- Coding of invoices.
- Manage the flow of documents, drawings and correspondence.
- Visit construction sites regularly for various project meetings.
- Help ensure that homeowner upgrades and options are coordinated between Sales & Marketing and construction team.
- Post Construction:
- Pursue the recovery of project securities and deposits from municipalities.
- Track and tabulate costing metrics of recently completed projects.
- Weekly team updates on current construction projects
- Represents the company appropriately in relationships with owners, project advisors, realtors, investors and professional associations.
- Keeps up to date with industry and market developments.
- Performs other duties, as required to support the Porte companies
TEAMWORK AND SUPERVISION:
Works directly with the Director of Construction and collegially with all members of the Porte companies. The position reports to the Director of Construction.
Required training, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma, or equivalent experience, in engineering, architectural and building technology, commerce, development, urban planning or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of construction administration experience, ideally with multi-family and/or mixed-use real estate projects
- Experienced and skilled with MS Office programs, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint and Teams
- Demonstrating strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency with Bluebeam Revu is an asset
- Ability to read construction drawings and cross reference consultant documents
- Strong work ethic
- Work from our head office in Vancouver: 9am – 5pm
- Occasional work outside normal office hours
- Attendance at public meetings and council meetings outside of normal office hours may be requested
- A vehicle is required