Think you’ve got what it takes to make it at Porte? Are you driven? Ambitious? Creative? Can you roll up your sleeves and get the job done, then let your hair down and celebrate? Then maybe there’s a place for you here.
We’re not a giant, faceless corporation. We’re a family-run business, with big goals. Care to come along for the ride?
There are countless reasons to consider a career with Porte. For starters, you’ll be part of an encouraging, supportive team with plenty of room for growth. You’ll enjoy perks like training and team building events throughout the year. Plus, there’s our roof top patio, Friday happy hour, a weekly fitness workout and more!
You’ll be an integral part of a family company, building on 50 years of success, amazingly generous charitable work and progressive leadership in the real estate industry. At all times guided by the Porte Promises of: People-Focused, Committed to Excellence, Trustworthy and Community Builders.
– CURRENT JOB VACANCIES –
Job Title: Deficiency Handyman
Department: Development (Customer Care Team)
Term: Full-time – Contract
Compensation: Hourly + Benefits
The Deficiency Handyman will be working closely with our Marketing & Sales, Customer Experience and Construction Team to ensure all buyers have an outstanding experience with Porte. The Deficiency Handyman will be part of the team responsible for repairs to the finishing touches, service and warranty requests prior to homeowner move-in. The Deficiency Handyman will ensure that all work is guided by the Porte Promises.
- Works with Customer Service Representative to ensure all incoming service requests are responded to and that repairs are completed within Porte’s standard response time.
- General repair of pre move-in deficiency items including, but not limited to: paint touch ups, drywall repairs, flooring repairs, adjusting doors.
- The use and maintenance of various hand tools.
- Ensure all repairs are done within Porte’s standards and that homes are left clean for the homeowners.
- Organizing and providing detailed documentation and records of work undertaken.
- Daily reporting to the Customer Service Representative.
- May be required to attend walk-throughs and 2nd walk-throughs as needed.
- Repair items that are discovered on the walk-throughs or coordinate appropriate trade.
- Represents the company appropriately in relationships with buyers, project advisors, suppliers and the public.
- Attends meetings with Customer Experience Team as needed.
- Attends planning and development meetings as required.
- Performs other duties, as required.
TEAMWORK AND SUPERVISION:
- Works collegially with the Construction, Development, Property Management, Finance and Customer Experience teams, as well as with external consultants attached to these teams.
- Working conditions:
- Hours are typically 8:00 to 4:00, Monday to Friday; however hours may fluctuate.
- Weekend work and evening work is required from time to time to accommodate for busier time periods, customer appointments and emergencies.
- Hands-on construction experience (drywall work, painting, plumbing and other misc. construction duties).
- Strong customer service, communication and people skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Valid Class 5 BC driver’s license.
- Reliability and punctuality.
Job Type: Full-time