Think you’ve got what it takes to make it at Porte? Are you driven? Ambitious? Creative? Can you roll up your sleeves and get the job done, then let your hair down and celebrate? Then maybe there’s a place for you here.
We’re not a giant, faceless corporation. We’re a family-run business, with big goals. Care to come along for the ride?
There are countless reasons to consider a career with Porte. For starters, you’ll be part of an encouraging, supportive team with plenty of room for growth. You’ll enjoy perks like training and team building events throughout the year. Plus, there’s our roof top patio, Friday happy hour, a weekly fitness workout and more!
You’ll be an integral part of a family company, building on 50 years of success, amazingly generous charitable work and progressive leadership in the real estate industry. At all times guided by the Porte Promises of: People-Focused, Committed to Excellence, Trustworthy and Community Builders.
Job Title: Development Analyst
Reports to: Director of Development – Craig Marcyniuk
Compensation: Salary Plus Benefits
The Development Analyst will work directly for the Director of Development to assist with (obtain/complete) project evaluations, approvals and permitting.
At all times being guided by the Porte Promises, the Development Analyst must be able to work independently and as a part of the development team.
- Researching and collecting due diligence for potential development sites
- Collecting proposals and coordinating with various consultants
- Preparing presentations as required in support of the approval process
- Requesting information, assisting with permits and monitoring application progress with municipalities as required for on-going development projects
- Liaising with project stakeholders
- Assisting with the organization and participation of public information meetings
- Attending council meetings
- Researching general info on development issues and preparing summaries
- Updating proformas and confirming current costs
- Administration, as required by the Development team, such as preparing correspondence, filing, coordinating and minutes of meetings
- Communicating and working with other departments to accomplish the work tasks assigned
- Assisting in directing and communicating with consultants for development projects
- Coordinating presentation centre requirements with landlords, consultants and construction
- Preparing schedule and reporting updates and
- Attends all-staff meetings
- Performs other duties, as required
TEAMWORK AND SUPERVISION:
- Participates as a member of the development team, working directly with the Director of Development and with the Construction, Marketing and Sales, Finance and Customer Experience teams, as well as with external consultants attached to these teams
- Works with all members of the Porte companies
- Communicate ethically and collaborate openly
- Assist others to get the very best results
- Thrive working in a fast-paced environment
- Cultivate relationships
- Be eager to learn about the Approval Process
- Embrace the principles of good design and excellence in every aspect of development
- Required training, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project (scheduling software)
- 1 year minimum experience in a similar position in the real estate development industry, Municipal Planning or other related industry
- Writing experience
- Research skills
- Analytical aptitude – able to compare data, information and crunch numbers
- MS Office skills – Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Access to a vehicle for visiting project sites, consultant offices and city halls of various municipalities
- Working conditions:
- Required to inspect construction projects outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Occasional work outside normal office hours.