Think you’ve got what it takes to make it at Porte? Are you driven? Ambitious? Creative? Can you roll up your sleeves and get the job done, then let your hair down and celebrate? Then maybe there’s a place for you here.
We’re not a giant, faceless corporation. We’re a family-run business, with big goals. Care to come along for the ride?
There are countless reasons to consider a career with Porte. For starters, you’ll be part of an encouraging, supportive team with plenty of room for growth. You’ll enjoy perks like training and team building events throughout the year. Plus, there’s our roof top patio, Friday happy hour, a weekly fitness workout and more!
You’ll be an integral part of a family company, building on 50 years of success, amazingly generous charitable work and progressive leadership in the real estate industry. At all times guided by the Porte Promises of: People-Focused, Committed to Excellence, Trustworthy and Community Builders.
Job Title: Senior Property Accountant
To Apply: Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com
Reporting to the Manager of Accounting and Finance, the Senior Property Accountant performs duties for the Porte group of companies, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, data entry, collections, rent processing, bank deposits and month-end reporting duties.
- Reviews work of accounting clerk and property accountant and provides guidance where necessary.
- Handle full-cycle accounting for a portfolio of properties in an efficient and accurate manner within the assigned deadlines.
- Responsible for the portfolio’s monthly and annual reporting cycle, including expense and revenue accruals, capital amortization, monthly deadlines, year end and budget processes, GST reconciliation, banking, cash flow and cash disbursements.
- Process leasing and recoveries, including lease review, interpretation and application of relevant clauses, straight line rent, and operating cost recoveries.
- Financial Statements: bank reconciliations duties/ journal entries/government subsidy reconciliation/prepare monthly financial statement and supplementary reports/handle payroll and CRA remittance for clients/researching and answering property manager’s and other external parties’ financial questions.
- Mentor members of the team and provide support to the Accounting group.
- Work in partnership with property management and leasing staff.
- Develops and implements accounting policies, procedures and systems to ensure company financial information is fairly stated.
- Reviews monthly bank reconciliations.
- Reviews summary of Accounts Receivable amounts monthly and ensures that reports reconcile to the general ledger.
- Various corporate accounting duties as required.
- Prepares information at property level, divisional level for management to make informed decisions.
- Prepares yearly CAM (Common Area Maintenance) reconciliations for commercial properties.
- Review intercompany schedules (intercompany loan, intercompany reconciliations, settlement of intercompany loans/advances).
- Review chargeback from entities within the group to ensure expenses are properly reflected in each legal entity for accounting and tax purposes.
- Manage appropriate accounting procedures and processes, including developing a documented system of such policies and procedures.
- Reconciling expenses, preparing statements for audit, variance analysis, shortfall analysis and interim billings.
- Represents the company appropriately in communications with suppliers, tenants, bankers, project advisors, and professional service advisors.
- Performs other related duties as required.
TEAMWORK AND SUPERVISION:
Participates as a member of the Accounting team, works directly with the Accounting team and collegially with the Property Management, Development, Sales & Marketing, Realty and Customer Experience teams.
Required training, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Minimum five years property accounting experience.
- Experience in both commercial and residential is preferred.
- Strong technical and administrative skills.
- Strong knowledge of Yardi.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well individually and in teams.
- Experienced with MS Office programs, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those selected for an interview. Thank you for your interest in this opportunity with Porte Communities.
Job Title: Residential Building Manager
Department: Porte Rentals
Reports to: Residential Property Manager
Term: Full-time, Live- in
Location: South Surrey/White Rock
Compensation: Salary + Medical Allowance + Rent Reduction
Commencement: December 1st, 2020
Send Resumes to: email@example.com
You will be an integral part of an encouraging and supportive team. Porte is a family company, building on 50 years of success, amazingly generous charitable work and progressive leadership in the real estate industry. At all times guided by the Porte Promises of: People-Focused, Committed to Excellence, Trustworthy and Community Builders.
JOB SUMMARY / DUTIES:
We are looking to hire an experienced building manager/couple for a 180-suite residential community in the South Surrey/White Rock area. The Building Manager(s) will be responsible for all property operational and management functions. Daily duties are to be determined by regular consultation and mutual agreement with the Residential Property Manager. All work shall be completed in a manner consistent with the Porte Realty’s Building Manager guidelines. Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Personal relations; Maintain a good and equal relationship with Residents and Residential
- Property Manager.
- Liaising and coordinating with trades and management team.
- Direct and supervise approved repair and maintenance contractors as required.
- Suite rentals – show suites to prospective tenants.
- Screen prospective tenants for suitability – conduct appropriate credit and reference checks.
- Complete all tenancy agreements and forms and review terms with tenants.
- Conduct move in and move out inspections.
- Carry out minor repair and maintenance issues in suites/buildings or arrange for Porte Realty Maintenance Team to repair.
- Respond to emergencies which occur during, and occasionally outside of regular work hours.
- Janitorial duties of both interior and exterior common areas of the building.
- Keep exterior grounds clean by picking up any garbage and sweeping walkways and driveways. This includes salting and removing snow as required.
- Clean suites during turnovers (additional compensation is provided).
- Collect keys and distribute to tenants between tenancies.
- Be accessible by cellular phone when out of the suite/office.
- Supervise and direct the Assistant Manager as required to assure that the above noted duties are completed by the management team professionally and in a timely manner seven (7) days a week.
- Collect and deposit rents in a timely manner as instructed by the Residential Property Manager.
- Serve notices and documents as required in compliance with the Residential Tenancy Act.
- Apply for and attend arbitrations at the Residential Tenancy Branch as required.
- Other duties as required from time to time.
- Hours are typically 9:00 to 5:00, Monday to Friday and on call in the evenings for emergencies.
- There is an Assistant Manager to cover on the weekends and holidays.
- Required to live on site. An apartment with a rent reduced rate will be provided.
- 3+ years Building Manager experience or related experience in a similar role.
- Good working knowledge of building management and maintenance requirements.
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems.
- Good working knowledge of computers and word processing, specifically Microsoft
- Basic understanding of the Residential Tenancy Act.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently, with limited direction.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member.
- Proven handyman skills are an asset.
- Ability to meet routine physical demands.
- Ability to work under pressure.
All interested applicants please submit your resume to above email. We thank all those applicants who have applied, however, only those applications selected for an interview will be contacted.