Think you’ve got what it takes to make it at Porte? Are you driven? Ambitious? Creative? Can you roll up your sleeves and get the job done, then let your hair down and celebrate? Then maybe there’s a place for you here.
We’re not a giant, faceless corporation. We’re a family-run business, with big goals. Care to come along for the ride?
There are countless reasons to consider a career with Porte. For starters, you’ll be part of an encouraging, supportive team with plenty of room for growth. You’ll enjoy perks like training and team building events throughout the year. Plus, there’s our roof top patio, Friday happy hour, a weekly fitness workout and more!
You’ll be an integral part of a family company, building on 50 years of success, amazingly generous charitable work and progressive leadership in the real estate industry. At all times guided by the Porte Promises of: People-Focused, Committed to Excellence, Trustworthy and Community Builders.
Commercial Property Management Coordinator
Department: Property Management
Reports to: Commercial Property Manager
Compensation: Salary plus benefits
Start Date: January 2, 2019
The Property Management Coordinator will work closely with the Commercial Property Manager and Vice President of Asset & Property Management to help manage the day to day building operations and liaise with our commercial tenants, as well as assisting with capital projects and tenant improvements. You are a self-starter who takes initiative and is proactive on tasks assigned and beyond. You are a people person who is capable of providing exceptional customer service and efficiently delivering on tasks assigned to you. At all times, being guided by the Porte Promises, the Property Management Coordinator must be able to work independently and as a part of a team.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Property Manager and their administrative functions associated with the position
- Respond to tenant inquiries by phone and email
- Coordinate maintenance repairs with onsite staff and suppliers, including going out to sites to meet trades and tenants if needed
- Track maintenance requests on our online portal
- Approve and code invoices for work performed by outside suppliers
- Obtain proposals and provide recommendations
- Manage the tenant move in and move out processes
- Draft letters for communication with tenants and suppliers
- Assist with the annual budgeting process for all commercial properties
- Assist the Property Manager and Project Manager in planning and executing larger Landlord
- Projects and Tenant Improvements, including assisting with permit applications
- Make customer service calls regularly and assist with different forms of tenant surveying
- Assist the Vice President of Asset & Property Management with investor communications, quarterly reporting and new acquisitions administration
- Performs other duties as required, which may include supporting other Porte divisions as necessary
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS DESIRED
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong customer-oriented skills
- Good communication skills (verbal/written)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills – MS Office, experience with property management software and graphics software are an asset
- Property Management experience is an asset, but not required
- Available to handle after hours emergency calls from time to time
- A vehicle or car share membership is preferred in order to perform the occasional site visit
- A Property Management license is not required
If you feel you would be a good fit with the Porte Team please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis so you are encouraged to send your application in as soon as possible. We will only contact those people selected for an interview. Thank you for applying.
Reports to: Director of Construction
Compensation: Salary plus benefits
Start Date: Immediately
The Construction Coordinator will work closely with Director of Construction and the Development Managers to help with the development of construction documents, schedules, budgets, permit submissions and overall project evaluation.At all times, being guided by the Porte Promises, the Construction Coordinator must be able to work independently and as a part of a team.
Support for the Director of Construction
- Pre-construction activities
- Assist with preliminary budgeting
- Liaise with architects and consultants
- Building Permit requirements
- Coordinating the issuance and distribution of drawing packages
- Work with Sales and Marketing on coordinating concepts with architect and consultants
- Support during the Building Permit process:
- Gathering of building permit submission requirements
- Updating of BP submission check list
- Tracking and follow up of municipal submissions
- Ensure the Director of Construction and Development Managers are aware of any dates for municipal and utility payments.
- Construction Process
- Maintain & update project list for consultants, construction manager, subtrades and suppliers
- Using Microsoft Project, update biweekly schedule and measure against baseline
- Review of progress claims
- Coding of invoices
- Manage the flow of documents, drawings and correspondence
- Provide project updates
- Regular site visits
- Weekly update of The Document for each project
- Attend key project meetings
- Represents the company appropriately in relationships with owners, project advisors, realtors, investors and professional associations.
- Keeps up to date with industry and market developments.
- Performs other duties, as required, to support the Porte companies.
TEAMWORK AND SUPERVISION:
Works directly with the Director of Construction and collegially with all members of the Porte companies. The position reports to the Director of Construction.
Required training, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma, or equivalent experience, in engineering, commerce, property development, urban planning or related field.
- 3-5 years of construction administration experience, ideally with multi-family and/or mixed-use real estate projects.
- Experienced and skilled with MS Office programs, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint and Strong communication skills.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Real Estate market in Metro Vancouver.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experienced and skilled with MS Office programs, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Occasional work outside normal office hours.
- Attendance at public meetings and council meetings outside of normal office hours
- A vehicle is required.