Think you’ve got what it takes to make it at Porte? Are you driven? Ambitious? Creative? Can you roll up your sleeves and get the job done, then let your hair down and celebrate? Then maybe there’s a place for you here.
We’re not a giant, faceless corporation. We’re a family-run business, with big goals. Care to come along for the ride?
There are countless reasons to consider a career with Porte. For starters, you’ll be part of an encouraging, supportive team with plenty of room for growth. You’ll enjoy perks like training and team building events throughout the year. Plus, there’s our roof top patio, Friday happy hour, a weekly fitness workout and more!
You’ll be an integral part of a family company, building on 50 years of success, amazingly generous charitable work and progressive leadership in the real estate industry. At all times guided by the Porte Promises of: People-Focused, Committed to Excellence, Trustworthy and Community Builders.
Commercial Property Management Coordinator
Department: Property Management
Reports to: Commercial Property Manager
Compensation: Salary plus benefits
Benefits: Standard medical and dental
Start Date: January 2, 2019
The Property Management Coordinator will work closely with the Commercial Property Manager and Vice President of Asset & Property Management to help manage the day to day building operations and liaise with our commercial tenants, as well as assisting with capital projects and tenant improvements. You are a self-starter who takes initiative and is proactive on tasks assigned and beyond. You are a people person who is capable of providing exceptional customer service and efficiently delivering on tasks assigned to you. At all times, being guided by the Porte Promises, the Property Management Coordinator must be able to work independently and as a part of a team.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Property Manager and their administrative functions associated with the position
- Respond to tenant inquiries by phone and email
- Coordinate maintenance repairs with onsite staff and suppliers, including going out to sites to meet trades and tenants if needed
- Track maintenance requests on our online portal
- Approve and code invoices for work performed by outside suppliers
- Obtain proposals and provide recommendations
- Manage the tenant move in and move out processes
- Draft letters for communication with tenants and suppliers
- Assist with the annual budgeting process for all commercial properties
- Assist the Property Manager and Project Manager in planning and executing larger Landlord
- Projects and Tenant Improvements, including assisting with permit applications
- Make customer service calls regularly and assist with different forms of tenant surveying
- Assist the Vice President of Asset & Property Management with investor communications, quarterly reporting and new acquisitions administration
- Performs other duties as required, which may include supporting other Porte divisions as necessary
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS DESIRED
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong customer-oriented skills
- Good communication skills (verbal/written)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills – MS Office, experience with property management software and graphics software are an asset
- Property Management experience is an asset, but not required
- Available to handle after hours emergency calls from time to time
- A vehicle or car share membership is preferred in order to perform the occasional site visit
- A Property Management license is not required
If you feel you would be a good fit with the Porte Team please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis so you are encouraged to send your application in as soon as possible. We will only contact those people selected for an interview. Thank you for applying.