Porte has been serious about real estate since 1968 and in those 54+ years we’ve realized we aren’t just developing or managing properties, we’re helping build communities and enriching lives. You’ll find that spirit in our award-winning developments, extraordinary charitable work and in every employee who proudly calls Porte their place of work. When people feel this good about doing their job, amazing things happen.
There are countless reasons to consider a career with Porte. For starters, you’ll be part of an encouraging, supportive team with plenty of room for growth. Plus, you’ll enjoy many Porte Perks, these are just a few:
- Training and educational events throughout the year
- A lively social committee
- Personal and professional development opportunities and encouragement for greater learning
Our focus on building communities is carried out in many different ways and everyone at Porte is encouraged to get involved. We fundraise each holiday season for the Food Bank, we match employee charitable donations, and we are a huge supporter of Cassie + Friends, founded by David Porte, that is dedicated to transforming the lives of children who are living with Juvenile Arthritis. Plus we give back to the community in many ways including through each of our new developments by donating $100 per home that is built to the Breakfast Club of Canada to help ensure kids don’t go to school hungry.
And, of course, you’ll be an integral part of an established company building on over 54 years of success, and progressive leadership in the real estate industry.
The Residential Property Manager manages all aspects of the residential rental portfolio, works with outside trades and service providers to maintain the properties to a high standard as well as directly supervises all on-site building caretakers. The ideal candidate is well organized, detailed oriented, and functions well in a fast-paced work environment while ensuring that all work is guided by the Porte Promises.
- Develop an annual plan for upgrades to residential buildings;
- Oversees monthly rent increases; manages the rent increase process and works with building caretakers to notify tenants;
- Prepares an annual budget for all residential buildings;
- Manages all advertising and promotions to rent available and vacant suites and works with building caretakers to post ads;
- Works with building managers to conduct market surveys and determine rental rates;
- Conducts weekly site visits to each property and regularly inspects the physical state of all residential properties;
- Responsible for the leasing and management of assembly homes with the assistance of the building managers;
- Consults with residential building caretakers regarding tenant issues, and acts as the point of contact for building managers and residential tenants; ensures tenant issues are resolved;
- Coordinates the regular servicing of all critical equipment and components of the properties;
- Arranges for, and coordinates schedules, related to the maintenance and repairs of the residential properties together with Property Maintenance Manager;
- Responsible for training all building managers and maintenance staff on Yardi and Rent Café;
- Implements Rent Café with new and existing tenants;
- Coordinates and approves all in-suite upgrades;
- Approves all invoices related to residential buildings;
- Follows up on arrears rent, on occasion and as requested by Accounting staff; initiates and coordinates tenant evictions as required;
- Prepares all month-end reporting to the building owners;
- Maintains all files relating to the residential portfolio and maintains an accurate database of building caretaker vacation requests and time off;
- Responds to after-hours emergencies as required according to the company emergency protocol list;
- Participates in due diligence of potential new acquisitions and new rental developments;
- Develops relationships and networks in the industry;
- Attends staff meetings, as required;
- Performs other duties, as required.
TEAMWORK AND SUPERVISION:
- Reports to the General Manager and works collegially with the Property Maintenance Manager, Accounting Department, Development, Sales & Marketing, Finance and Customer Experience teams, as well as with external consultants attached to these teams;
- Recruits, trains and manages the residential building site caretakers.
Required training, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities:
- High School Diploma;
- At least 2 years’ experience in residential property management, or equivalent;
- Rental Property Managers License for BC (an asset but not required);
- Working knowledge of building maintenance processes and procedures;
- Experience supervising site staff, preferably in multiple locations, is required;
- Strong understanding of the Residential Tenancy Act;
- Yardi experience (an asset but not required);
- Good knowledge and understanding of residential rental markets in the Greater Vancouver area;
- Understanding of financial reporting, and experience reviewing and using financial information;
- Experience using Spectra, Yardi, or similar system (an asset but not required);
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with tenants, consultants, industry players and community stakeholders;
- High level of organization and attention to detail;
- Strong negotiator;
- Strong work ethic;
- Able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Experienced with MS Office programs, including Microsoft Word and Excel and the internet;
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License.
- Weekly site visits to all residential properties spread out around the lower mainland from White Rock to North Vancouver. More information on our properties can be found at https://porte.ca/rentals;
- Occasional work outside normal office hours, including weekends on call.
Competitive Salary + Benefits, Car and Phone Allowance.
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please. Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those selected for an interview. Thank you for your interest in this opportunity with Porte Communities.