Porte has been serious about real estate since 1968 and in those 54+ years we’ve realized we aren’t just developing or managing properties, we’re helping build communities and enriching lives. You’ll find that spirit in our award-winning developments, extraordinary charitable work and in every employee who proudly calls Porte their place of work. When people feel this good about doing their job, amazing things happen.
There are countless reasons to consider a career with Porte. For starters, you’ll be part of an encouraging, supportive team with plenty of room for growth. Plus, you’ll enjoy many Porte Perks, these are just a few:
- Training and educational events throughout the year
- A lively social committee
- Personal and professional development opportunities and encouragement for greater learning
Our focus on building communities is carried out in many different ways and everyone at Porte is encouraged to get involved. We fundraise each holiday season for the Food Bank, we match employee charitable donations, and we are a huge supporter of Cassie + Friends, founded by David Porte, that is dedicated to transforming the lives of children who are living with Juvenile Arthritis. Plus we give back to the community in many ways including through each of our new developments by donating $100 per home that is built to the Breakfast Club of Canada to help ensure kids don’t go to school hungry.
And, of course, you’ll be an integral part of an established company building on over 54 years of success, and progressive leadership in the real estate industry.
The Residential Building Manager (Administration) manages all aspects of the administrative workflow of their residential portfolio including leasing, tenant relations, monthly rent collection, and scheduling and working with outside trades and service providers to maintain the properties to a high standard. The ideal candidate is well organized, detailed oriented, and functions well in a fast-paced work environment while ensuring that all work is guided by the Porte Promises.
- Maintains all files relating to the residential properties and maintain an accurate database of tenant agreements.
- Provide the Property Manager and Accounting Department with weekly and monthly reports on tenant agreements, notices, and leasing activities, and coordinate the flow of related documentation to the Accounting Department.
- Managing of monthly rent collections and deposits.
- Work with the Accounting Department and Property Manager to follow up on and clear all tenant arrears and balances.
- Work with the Property Manager to conduct market surveys and determine rental rates.
- Assists the Property Manager in all advertising and promotion of vacant and available units.
- Showing vacant and available units to prospective tenants.
- Conduct daily site inspections of each property to review the physical state of the properties and identify any maintenance issues.
- Arranges for, and coordinates schedules, related to the maintenance and repairs of the properties.
- Work with the Property Manager to coordinate all in-suite upgrades.
- Be the first point of contact for tenant issues and act as the point of contact for the Property Manager and residential tenants; and ensure tenant issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Respond to after-hours emergencies as required according to the company emergency protocol list.
- Attends staff meetings, as required.
- Work with the Property Manager to implements Rent Café with new and existing tenants.
- Performs other duties at other Porte properties, as required
- 2+ years of similar experience in a property management role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer-oriented skills.
- Good communication skills (verbal/written).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills – MS Office, experience with property management software is an asset.
- Occasionally work outside normal office hours, including weekends on call.
- Office space is provided at the White Rock properties.
- Workdays will be Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9:00AM to 5:00PM.
If you are interested in joining the Porte team, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com . Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis so you are encouraged to send your application in as soon as possible. We will only contact those people selected for an interview. Thank you for applying.