Our commitment to real estate has been steadfast since 1968. Over 55 years, we’ve realized that we’re not just shaping properties; we’re actively contributing to communities and enriching lives. This spirit is evident in our developments, charitable work, and every team member at Porte. When individuals find fulfillment in their roles, incredible things happen.
Considering a career with Porte brings an abundance of opportunity. You become integral to a supportive and diverse team that encourages growth and beyond that, you’ll enjoy a variety of Porte Perks, including:
- ‘Kickstart Mondays’ with coffee and weekend banter.
- Weekly fitness training sessions.
- Friday happy hour (rooftop edition, weather permitting!).
- Regular training and educational events throughout the year.
- A vibrant social committee ensures we have fun together.
Our commitment to community-building is embedded in our culture, and every Porte team member is invited to actively participate. From fundraising during the holiday season for the Food Bank to matching employee donations and running a charity, Cassie + Friends – make a difference. Each of our new developments contributes to the community by donating $100 per home built to the Breakfast Club of Canada, ensuring no child goes to school hungry.
Joining Porte means becoming a vital member of a second-generation, family-run company with a legacy of over 55 years of success and progressive leadership in the real estate industry. Our ambitious plans include expanding residential rental and commercial portfolios, reaching new markets across BC and Calgary, and providing homes for hundreds of homeowners annually.
Join a team where every role is an opportunity to make a meaningful impact. Welcome to Porte – where growth, community, and success are more than words; they’re a way of life.
Explore more about us at porte.ca
The Project Manager plays a crucial role in various project phases, collaborating directly with the Director of Construction, Development Managers, and third-party Construction Managers. Responsibilities include contributing to the development of construction documents, creating schedules, managing budgets, and handling permit submissions. This role involves active participation in all aspects of a development site, serving as a key team member vital to successful project delivery.
Adhering to the Porte Promises, the Project Manager is expected to balance independent work with effective collaboration within a team.
Support for the Director of Construction
1. Pre-construction activities:
- Collaborate closely with development managers to assess potential project sites, offering a construction perspective on site suitability.
- Supervise the development of budgets.
- Maintain communication with the construction manager, architect, and consultants.
- Oversee various permit requirements.
- Distribute updated construction start dates to dates to development managers and consultant team to ensure alignment with drawing package issuance and permit milestones.
- Work with Sales and Marketing on coordinating concepts with architects and consultants.
- Supervise value engineering exercises.
- Ensure development managers utilize and update the MS Project schedule for managing pre-construction tasks and milestones.
- Actively engage with development managers to provide input on building design considerations.
- Support during the Building Permit process and track key approval dates and construction milestones.
- Oversee and share results of clash detection exercises on sequential drawing sets.
- Keep the Director of Construction and Development Managers informed of municipal and utility payment dates.
2. Construction Phase:
- Serve as the primary liaison with construction managers, consultants, and municipal personnel for multiple construction projects.
- Keep an updated project list for consultants, construction managers, sub-trades, and suppliers.
- Utilize Microsoft Project to biweekly update schedules and measure progress against the baseline.
- Review and approve progress claims.
- Code invoices for efficient financial tracking.
- Effectively manage the flow of documents, drawings, and correspondence.
- Conduct regular visits to construction sites for various project meetings.
- Oversee the tendering process for new construction projects.
- Facilitate coordination between Sales & Marketing and the construction team to ensure seamless handling of homeowner upgrades and options.
3. Post Construction & Administrative Duties:
- Place a primary focus on pursuing the recovery of project securities and deposits from the governing municipality.
- Assist in addressing warranty deficiency work for multiple projects.
- Supervise the collection of various warranties and operation manuals.
- Monitor substantial completion, occupancy dates, and the start/finish of maintenance periods for various trades.
- Track and compile costing metrics for recently completed projects.
4. Weekly Update:
- Provide weekly updates to the team and company on the progress of current construction projects.
5. External Communications
- Represent the company professionally in interactions with owners, project advisors, realtors, investors, and professional associations.
- Stays current with industry and market developments to ensure informed decision-making.
6. Other Duties
Undertakes additional responsibilities, as needed, to provide support to the Porte companies.
TEAMWORK AND SUPERVISION:
Collaborates closely with the Director of Construction and works collegially with all members of the Porte companies. Directly manages and oversees the responsibilities of the construction coordinator position. This role reports directly to the Director of Construction.
To excel in this role, we’re seeking candidates with the following:
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience as a Construction Project Manager within the construction industry.
- Effective communication skills to foster collaboration.
- Competency with Outlook, Excel, Word and MS Project.
- Proficiency in Bluebeam.
- Familiarity with construction/project management software.
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
These qualifications form the foundation for success in our dynamic construction environment. If you meet these criteria and are ready for an exciting challenge, we’d love to hear from you.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including:
- Salary Range: $115,000 – $130,000.
- An excellent employer-paid Extended Health & Dental Benefits, Life.
- Referral bonus program.
- Company’s perks/discounts (i.e. Goodlife, perkopolis etc.).
- RRSP contribution.
- You will work within a dynamic, driven, high-achieving, close-knit, and fun-loving team.
At Porte we prioritize the well-being and satisfaction of our team, ensuring a comprehensive compensation package that goes beyond the numbers.
If you feel you would be a good fit with the Porte Team please click the link Apply Now.