Porte has been serious about real estate since 1968 and in those 55+ years we’ve realized we aren’t just developing or managing properties, we’re helping build communities and enriching lives. You’ll find that spirit in our award-winning developments, extraordinary charitable work and in every employee who proudly calls Porte their place of work. When people feel this good about doing their job, amazing things happen.
There are countless reasons to consider a career with Porte. For starters, you’ll be part of an encouraging, supportive team with plenty of room for growth. Plus you’ll enjoy many Porte Perks, these are just a few:
- Kickstart Mondays with coffee and weekend banter
- Weekly fitness training sessions
- Friday happy hour on the rooftop patio
- Training and educational events throughout the year
- A social committee that plans creative gatherings to make sure we are having fun
Our focus on building communities is carried out in many ways and everyone at Porte is encouraged to get involved. We fundraise each holiday season for the Food Bank, we set aside a budget to match employee charitable donations, and we run a charity from our office called Cassie + Friends that is dedicated to changing the lives of children who are living with Juvenile Arthritis. Plus, we give back to the community through each of our new developments by donating $100 per home that is built to the Breakfast Club of Canada to help ensure kids don’t go to school hungry.
And, of course, you’ll be an integral part of a family company building on over 54 years of success, and progressive leadership in the real estate industry. We have big plans to continue to grow, which include increasing our residential rental and commercial portfolios, expanding into new markets across BC and Calgary and happily housing hundreds of homeowners each year. Learn more about Porte at porte.ca.
Reporting to the President and working closely with other members of the Leadership team, the Manager, People & Culture will act as our trusted strategic HR advisor, coach and partner, providing proactive support on a broad range of human resource matters, including employee relations, succession planning, talent acquisition, and performance management. The Manager will provide proactive leadership and mentoring to one direct report while inspiring excellence, accountability, and teamwork to the Porte community.
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy, particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning;
- Manages employee relations and provides guidance and support to employees and managers;
- Oversees an effective performance management process and employee development initiatives that includes the development of learning and development programs and initiatives;
- Manages the employee benefits programs, including health insurance, wellness, and other policies and programs;
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which includes recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants; collaborates with departmental leaders to understand the skills and competencies required for the role;
- Provides leadership and support to the Reception & Office Coordinator;
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent;
- Maintains compliance with federal, provincial, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance;
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law;
- Development and implementation of Human Resources policies and procedures;
- Responsible for the administration of HRIS
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of five years of human resource management experience preferred, supplemented with at least 2+ years as a sole practitioner leading the Human Resources function within a business. Previous experience leading a direct report is an asset.
- CHRP designation is highly desired.
Required training, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Thorough understanding of ESA in BC and Alberta.
- Comfort with technology, mastery of HRIS such as ADP, Collage or similar HRIS platforms
- Knowledge of full cycle recruitment from sourcing candidates to on-boarding; takes a creative approach to establishing talent pipelines
- Demonstrated ability to effectively develop, coach, and lead a team and execute strategic plans would be considered an asset.
- Leadership maturity to prioritize and manage multiple business priorities while effectively developing, coaching, and leading their team.
- Experience in both commercial and residential real estate is a perk.
- Strong writing and self review skills.
- Strong technical and administrative skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well individually and in teams.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Technology savvy
If you feel you would be a good fit with the Porte Team please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Manager, People & Culture’ in the subject line. No phone calls please. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.