Porte has been serious about real estate since 1968 and in those 54+ years we’ve realized we aren’t just developing or managing properties, we’re helping build communities and enriching lives. You’ll find that spirit in our award-winning developments, extraordinary charitable work and in every employee who proudly calls Porte their place of work. When people feel this good about doing their job, amazing things happen.
There are countless reasons to consider a career with Porte. For starters, you’ll be part of an encouraging, supportive team with plenty of room for growth. Plus, you’ll enjoy many Porte Perks, these are just a few:
- Training and educational events throughout the year
- A lively social committee
- Personal and professional development opportunities and encouragement for greater learning
Our focus on building communities is carried out in many different ways and everyone at Porte is encouraged to get involved. We fundraise each holiday season for the Food Bank, we match employee charitable donations, and we are a huge supporter of Cassie + Friends, founded by David Porte, that is dedicated to transforming the lives of children who are living with Juvenile Arthritis. Plus we give back to the community in many ways including through each of our new developments by donating $100 per home that is built to the Breakfast Club of Canada to help ensure kids don’t go to school hungry.
And, of course, you’ll be an integral part of an established company building on over 54 years of success, and progressive leadership in the real estate industry.
You are a master communicator and a ninja with numbers. And organization skills? You’ve got them in spades. This new role will focus on building and managing effective relationships with our investors and coordinating investor relations and capital raising materials. Reporting to the President, you will collaborate closely with our team of professionals whose passion for the industry is palpable and inspiring.
- Coordinate, prepare and disseminate investor relations and capital raising materials and mail outs including investor reports, updates, disbursement, new opportunities and presentations;
- Coordinate, prepare and disseminate all internal investor communications;
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing investors, acting as the main point of contact with investors in responding to inquiries and requests;
- Develop, update, and maintain investor presentations and speaking notes for investor marketing purposes (investor meetings, conferences, and diligence sessions);
- Develop and maintain the investor database;
- Ensure all investment and subscription forms are complete and in compliance with external and internal requirements;
- Ensure all legal agreements are complete;
- Assist in tracking, maintaining, and managing equity and debt raises and renewals;
- Support, as needed, in gathering market information and investment data;
- Contribute to ad hoc initiatives and strategic projects, as required.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in a similar investor relations role, preferably in the real estate development industry, supplemented with a Bachelor’s Degree;
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
- Strong knowledge of database software with advanced skills in MS Office products;
- Superior communication skills (verbal and written), proactive attitude, and a track record of success and growth;
- Dedicated, well-organized, and resourceful with a high level of attention to detail and able to handle confidential information;
- Ability to create successful working relationships with analysts, investors, and brokers;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a group setting.
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those selected for an interview. Thank you for your interest in this opportunity with Porte Communities.