PORTE GROUP OF COMPANIES
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Construction Compensation: Salary plus Benefits Benefits: Standard medical and dental
Start Date: Immediately
Submit Resume: Careers@porte.ca
While being involved directly in multiple projects at various stages of development, the Construction Coordinator will work closely with Director of Construction, Development Managers and third-party Construction Managers, to help with the development of construction documents, schedules, budgets and permit submissions. The Construction Coordinator will be actively engaged in all aspects of a development site and will act as a key team member, essential in helping with the successful delivery of any given project.
At all times, being guided by the Porte Promises, the Construction Coordinator must be able to work both independently and as a part of a team.
Support for the Director of Construction
1. Pre-construction activities:
a. Assist with developing budgets.
b. Liaise with construction manager, architect, and consultants.
c. Assist with various permit requirements.
d. Coordinating the issuance and distribution of drawing packages.
e. Work with Sales and Marketing on coordinating concepts with architect and consultants.
f. Assist in value engineering exercises.
2. Support during the Building Permit process:
a. Gathering of building permit submission requirements.
b. Updating of BP submission check list.
c. Tracking and follow up of municipal submissions.
d. Ensure the Director of Construction and Development Managers are aware of any dates for municipal and utility payments.
3. Construction Phase:
a. Maintain & update project list for consultants, construction manager, subtrades and suppliers.
b. Using Microsoft Project, update biweekly schedule and measure against baseline.
c. Review of progress claims.
d. Coding of invoices.
e. Manage the flow of documents, drawings and correspondence.
f. Visit construction sites regularly for various project meetings.
g. Help ensure that homeowner upgrades and options are coordinated between Sales & Marketing and construction team.
4. Post Construction:
a. Pursue the recovery of project securities and deposits from municipalities.
b. Track and tabulate costing metrics of recently completed projects.
5. Weekly team updates on current construction projects.
• Represents the company appropriately in relationships with owners, project advisors, realtors, investors and professional associations.
• Keeps up to date with industry and market developments.
• Performs other duties, as required, to support the Porte companies.
TEAMWORK AND SUPERVISION:
Works directly with the Director of Construction and collegially with all members of the Porte companies. The position reports to the Director of Construction.
Required training, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities:
1. Bachelor’s degree or diploma, or equivalent experience, in engineering, architectural and building technology, commerce, development, urban planning or related field.
2. Minimum of 5 years of construction administration experience, ideally with multi-family and/or mixed-use real estate projects.
3. Experienced and skilled with MS Office programs, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint and Strong communication skills.
4. Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
5. Strong work ethic.
6. Able to work independently and as part of a team.
7. Experienced and skilled with MS Office programs, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint and Excel.
8. Proficiency with Bluebeam Revu is an asset.
• Occasional work outside normal office hours.
• Attendance at public meetings and council meetings outside of normal office hours may be requested.
• A vehicle is required.