Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: President
Porte Communities is a great place to grow your career. We’ve been in real estate for over 50 years and have an impeccable reputation as a value-based family business committed to creating the best places to live and work.
With exciting growth over the last few years (and more to come), our biggest investment is still our people. You’ll be part of an encouraging and supportive team with plenty of room for growth. You’ll also get to work in vibrant Mount Pleasant and enjoy great perks like weekly ﬁtness training sessions, staff discounts and investment opportunities, a gorgeous rooftop patio and team building events throughout the year.To learn more about us, visit porte.ca.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the President and other members of the Leadership team with day-to-day administrative support general office duties, investor relations and other projects as required. You are a master of organization and possess a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information as well as professionalism when working with internal and external stakeholders. You are quick, eager to learn and easily move from task to task with a positive attitude. In addition to real estate, you’ll also get the unique opportunity to make a difference as an ad-hoc support to our in-house charity, Cassie + Friends.
- Effectively and proactively providing calendar management based on the President and leadership teams needs and priorities with the goal of promoting productivity and efficiency;
- Drafting presentations, business reports, spreadsheets, proposals and other documentation as required;
- Providing general administrative tasks including organization of files, drawings, and paperwork;
- Managing and coordinating travel arrangements;
- Maintaining the investor database
- Producing and coordinating all investor reporting
- Triaging and prioritizing requests and following up on action items;
- Planning and coordinating of team meetings
- Assistance planning and coordinating of team social events;
- Assisting in the organization of project meetings; participating in meetings and recording minutes and action items;
- Inputting and updating budgets to accounting software;
- Ensuring timely and accurate completion of expense reports;
- Liaising with internal accounting, finance and development stakeholders;
- Offering support to charitable activities including board relations, database entry and some events
- Providing back up vacation and relief coverage for the Receptionist & part-time Executive Assistant;
- Completion of special projects and other ad-hoc administrative support as required.
- A minimum of 5+ years in an Executive Assistant or Administrative role, directly supporting members of the leadership team;
- Previous experience or keen interest in real estate is an asset;
- High proficiency in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, OneDrive, SharePoint; Experience with web-based applications like Canva is a bonus
- Self-motivated, well-organized and shows initiative, flexibility, maturity under pressure, anticipates and solves problems;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to observe and maintain the utmost confidentiality;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, comfortable working with a diverse group of people from inside and outside the company;
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability;
- Process driven approach with the ability to identify further efficiencies.