Porte has been serious about real estate since 1968 and in those 54+ years we’ve realized we aren’t just developing or managing properties, we’re helping build communities and enriching lives. You’ll find that spirit in our award-winning developments, extraordinary charitable work and in every employee who proudly calls Porte their place of work. When people feel this good about doing their job, amazing things happen.
There are countless reasons to consider a career with Porte. For starters, you’ll be part of an encouraging, supportive team with plenty of room for growth. Plus, you’ll enjoy many Porte Perks, these are just a few:
- Training and educational events throughout the year
- A lively social committee
- Personal and professional development opportunities and encouragement for greater learning
Our focus on building communities is carried out in many different ways and everyone at Porte is encouraged to get involved. We fundraise each holiday season for the Food Bank, we match employee charitable donations, and we are a huge supporter of Cassie + Friends, founded by David Porte, that is dedicated to transforming the lives of children who are living with Juvenile Arthritis. Plus we give back to the community in many ways including through each of our new developments by donating $100 per home that is built to the Breakfast Club of Canada to help ensure kids don’t go to school hungry.
And, of course, you’ll be an integral part of an established company building on over 54 years of success, and progressive leadership in the real estate industry.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the President and other members of the Leadership team with day-to-day administrative support general office duties, investor relations and other projects as required. You are a master of organization and possess a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information as well as professionalism when working with internal and external stakeholders. You are quick, eager to learn and easily move from task to task with a positive attitude. In addition to real estate, you’ll also get the unique opportunity to make a difference as an ad-hoc support to our in-house charity, Cassie + Friends.
- Effectively and proactively providing calendar management based on the President and leadership teams needs and priorities with the goal of promoting productivity and efficiency;
- Drafting presentations, business reports, spreadsheets, proposals and other documentation as required;
- Providing general administrative tasks including organization of files, drawings, and paperwork;
- Managing and coordinating travel arrangements;
- Maintaining the investor database
- Producing and coordinating all investor reporting
- Triaging and prioritizing requests and following up on action items;
- Planning and coordinating of team meetings
- Assistance planning and coordinating of team social events;
- Assisting in the organization of project meetings; participating in meetings and recording minutes and action items;
- Inputting and updating budgets to accounting software;
- Ensuring timely and accurate completion of expense reports;
- Liaising with internal accounting, finance and development stakeholders;
- Offering support to charitable activities including board relations, database entry and some events
- Providing back up vacation and relief coverage for the Receptionist & part-time Executive Assistant;
- Completion of special projects and other ad-hoc administrative support as required.
- A minimum of 5+ years in an Executive Assistant or Administrative role, directly supporting members of the leadership team;
- Previous experience or keen interest in real estate is an asset;
- High proficiency in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, OneDrive, SharePoint; Experience with web-based applications like Canva is a bonus
- Self-motivated, well-organized and shows initiative, flexibility, maturity under pressure, anticipates and solves problems;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to observe and maintain the utmost confidentiality;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, comfortable working with a diverse group of people from inside and outside the company;
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability;
- Process driven approach with the ability to identify further efficiencies.
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those selected for an interview. Thank you for your interest in this opportunity with Porte Communities.